Thursday, January 11, 2018

ROBERT SCHRODER - GALAXIE CYGNUS-A



I love this album. Bought this one many, many years ago, 25 maybe 30 years ago at a sell at the library in Rotterdam. The basis for the music was signals captured with the movable radio telescope pictured on the cover. The radio telescope was pointed to the Galaxy Cygnus-A. Robert Schroder came from the same group of musicians as Klaus Schulze, he was building his own synthesizers.... This came out in 1982 and this is the Dutch pressing. Funny thing is, there's a few clips on youtube but it's all different music than this lp, the clips on youtube are more spacey, more Tangerine Dream but this lp, the one that I have, the music is way more up-tempo, think Moebius and Plank or D.A.F. ....

There's one comment on discogs that might be the explanation: "This is one of my favorite music, lp. I bought the reedition on cd... I was so... so disappointed. Schröder change so many sounds. My LP was worn out, I bought a «new» used one." Seems there was a re-release on cd where all the music was different.....

GET IT HERE



enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. I'm sure we all are. That flu is a bitch and world wide too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more than 650,000 people expected to die from the flu this year (world-wide). Take care of yourself. Thanks for this -- it really sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, they're also ringing the alarm for bird-flu for China and Indonesia now.... again.... Last time around that shit was heavy, two huge chicken farms not to fa from my house and they got hit hard back then... I'm slowly crawling out of this hole, been through A LOT worse though :) Dengue fever, now that is a bitch, 2 weeks in hospital, had amoebic dysentery so many times but that's just bad for a week or so... Tropical sprue.... They gave me two years to live, blood running outta my ass, loosing 65 pounds in 3 months or so, 8 years of a kind of hell that you just can;t describe, that was 16 years ago.... And they can't explain why I got through it.... A weird-ass fungus infection in both my big toe nails and they took both nails out couldn't walk for weeks, shit that's.... 17 years ago or something... And that's just the tropical shit, there's also the old jiu jitsu injuries, most of the discs in my spine have spondylosis which is arthritis of the spine plus 2 hernia's in my neck and upper back, wrecked my elbow joints, had a broken breast-bone and the cartilage in my left shoulder was pulverized into hundreds of bits, I was way too fanatic back then and I was good at it too but paying the price now :) Then there's that hernia diaphragma and hashimoto's disease (a fucked up thyroid), lost nearly all my upper teeth thanks to the tropical sprue (and a few thank's to the Bandung police), broke my nose numerous times.... Ah..... Getting older lah.....

    ReplyDelete