Thursday, August 10, 2017

JAMES ARACA RECS


A while ago I was in my friend Vickry's shop here in Bandung and I met an American guy, James... We got to talking and before we knew it we had been talking and talking and talking for 4 hours straight, about music.... Had an incredible time, not often I meet somebody with so much knowledge about so many genres.... (and that's me and James in Vickry's shop....) Turns out that James has a small record company back in Baltimore where he's from, Araca Recs. He puts out all kinds of stuff, from punk to underground hip hop to Indonesian music....

Today James came to my place, again, wonderful time, again, talking, talking, talking about music, we are learning a lot from each other :)

And he gave me a few present, and permission to share them with you:



ANTZKILLA - FEEL ME

Antzkilla is a female MC from Bandung....


GET IT HERE




STONY HAWK & BLACKIE - GAME OF LIFE / SVNS & BLACKIE - SHOW ME YOUR TEXTURE

Underground hip hop from Houston, Texas....

GET IT HERE



MRC RIDDIMS - YOU KNOW HOW / MRC RIDDIMS ft. MISS TK - INTERNET AND WEED

More underground hip hop from Harlem, NYC....


GET IT HERE


https://www.aracarecs.bandcamp.com

Now James also puts out cassettes here in Bandung:


POTRO JOYO

This one just came out last month, I can share one song with you, Wukir with his incredible bamboo guitar is one of the members, amazing music, a mix between experimental music and East-Javanese traditional music.....

SESEMBAHAN



If you want to buy this cassette (and others put out by James) you can go here:


www.seratusribu.net


I'm just amazed and blown away by what James is doing here in Indonesia and in Baltimore.....

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment